July 15, 2010

Nostril Nuggets...a story

We let Paisley eat Mcdonald's chicken nuggets last week for dinner one night (yes, we do feel like shmucks about that). She just discovered that her small pointer finger fits nicely inside her nostrils (uck!) and I have been telling her all week that "we don't pick our nose". I watched her eating her nuggets and turned away to talk to Dusty. When I looked back there was a nice sized chunk of nugget on her fingertip and she was doing a rather remarkable balancing act with it. At this point, it was like watching something in slow motion and not being able to stop it....she placed that little nugget hunk right at the opening of her nose and as I yelled (and I mean yelled..."NO") she took that little pointer finger and shoved it right up there as far as she could. I was so stunned/worried/laughing by what I was watching I didn't quite know what to do. Poor Paisley was looking at me like she was in pain which I'm sure she was and started to cry. Dusty jumped up and laid her flat on the table trying to see the "supposed" chicken nugget I just saw go up her nose and he couldn't see it so I'm not sure he believed this nonsense. I finally gathered my senses enough to go get the little blue automatic snot puller that we have never had to use with her...and after 3 good sucks with it, a rather large piece of white meat came flying out. She was relieved and Dusty was laughing so hard he couldn't be consoled. THIS is the stuff no one tells you about and you certainly don't fantasize aobut when you dream of becoming a parent.

2 comments:

Jaime Williams said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. I love this story.

Emilee said...

Awesome! Thanks for the laugh.