May 08, 2012

The bed time stall maneuver

There has been a new "routine" the last few weeks around here. We say family prayer and brush teeth and tuck Paisley in bed like we always have. We say I love you's and close the door and normally she is out pretty quickly...but the last few weeks she waits a good ten or fifteen minutes and begins her fake cry. It's whiny and very unalarming mostly just irritating. When we open her door and ask what she needs she says... I need to go potty or I need a drink or we forgot to set up the bounce house or whatever she can muster in the name of putting off  sleep for a few more minutes. A couple nights ago I told Dusty I was done with this silliness and she could cry it out b/c I wasn't going in again.  He wasn't at that point yet (softy) and went in her room and closed the door. It took a few minutes before he came out with big puppy dog eyes and told me why she was upset. We had forgotten to say her personal prayer with her (she NEEDS us to be there for that) and that was all she wanted. Then she prayed and told Heavenly Father that she knows she is not perfect but wants to be after she gets baptized...gah! (me=puddle on the floor) I'm glad Paisley had one parent who was willing to go back in again. There is definitely a reason for having two parents in a house.

1 comments:

Christa said...

Oh Meagan - so sweet, that little Paisley. She reminds me of her Mama (who, as I recall, used every excuse in the book as a little girl to stay up with the adults.) Love you - Greg