September 23, 2008

Bed Rest....ahhhhhh!

just a short update to explain why there are not many updates...@ 25 weeks I started into premature labor and was hospitalized where they were able to stop contractions and let me go home on bedrest which only lasted 2 days until I went to an appt. with a high risk doc in Chattanooga who told me I wasn't going anywhere and put me in the hospital again. At this point bless momma steph's heart she had to go home and g'ma joan came out to stay until this little girl comes. We spent 2 weeks in the hospital in Chattanooga and are now across the street in the Ronald McDonald House which is amazing by the way. What a great charity! They won't let me go home because we live too far away if I go back into labor...so...I am now at 28 1/2 weeks and unless she comes soon will be here until 34 weeks when they will let me go home to finish out bedrest! Thanks for all the prayers we know everyone has included us in and we love you all. The goal at this point is to get her to at least 4 lbs so that the NICU will not have to be her home for too long.

2 comments:

Jennifer Dyal said...

Seriously, so insane! I still can't believe it's for real. At least you're around people who know how to deal with the situation properly. And yay for Grams. Tell her hi. I just love her. Rub little Paisley for me and have someone give you a hug for me. Love you, Meag!

Kelli Schwarz said...

We are thinking of you Meg. I hope everything goes smoothly and that little girl stays in for a little bit longer. You've got an amazing Grandma! Lots of Love!