June 21, 2010

Father's Day

We had a great time celebrating Dusty yesterday(you can see the progression of the day and the effects of what we think is becoming the terrible two's. Dusty resorted to laying on the floor and crying like she was. It did stop the fit which was nice but they both looked ridiculous! He is the best dad and so much fun. Paisley is definitely a daddy's girl. She gave him a mug that she colored, a gift card to his favorite restaurant and a team daddy pin (instead of team Edward or Jacob)! I gave him a cardio training book that he has wanted and made the dinner of his choice (rachael ray's mexican lasagna..easy peesy). We also gave him a poem before church explaining that we wanted to be JUST LIKE HIM for the day. We then presented him with our clothes for church. We all wore co-ordinating ties that I had made and Paisley had a matching skirt and bow. I hope he felt special. That's one reason Dusty is so awesome. He is man enough to wear matchy matchy things with his girls and is proud to do so. He passed the sacrament in a black and white polka dot tie and man was it ever handsome! I can't believe I didn't get a photo of the 3 of us together but there is one of Paisley in her tie. We visited Dusty's g'pa and then had dinner with papa Rusty and got to visit with Kristy and J also. We love any excuse to give Dusty a special day and hope he enjoyed it. We love you babe.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I love the matching-ness. Such a cute idea!

Mama Steph said...

Dusty crying on the floor with Paisely made me laugh right out loud, I thought this was only something her Mama did, I totally agree with you, Dusty is an amazing Daddy oh yeah, and son. We love you all!