February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I LOVE Valentine's Day. I think it's nice to make an extra effort to show those we love how much we do indeed love them. I thought it would be fun to have a special dinner at home since I am on bed rest and decided to do a breakfast with some new recipes that I had (fyi...I cooked sitting in a rolling chair!). I sent Dusty a message in a bottle letter at work and had made some mailboxes filled with goodies in the hopes of having a nice family night together which we did!...but I wasn't prepared for the AMAZING morning and gift that I would receive. Dusty came home from the gym with pretty red roses and slipped a letter in them before he left for work. The letter told me to get ready if I felt so inclined because someone would be at the house at 9:30 and I had somewhere to be at 10. My father in law showed up at 10 with another envelope and plans to take Paisley for the morning. This one had a gift certificate for a pedicure and some cash for a tip and directions to a little spa I had never been to before. It was the beginning of an awesome scavenger hunt. I got pink toenails and my feet pampered and another envelope at the shop with clues to my next destination. By the time the hunt was over I had been given sandwiches at a new little restaurant in town, met with Paisley and Rusty to eat the sandwiches and play, gone to Russell Stover's and picked up dark chocolate covered strawberries the size of my palm, and found a sweet love letter hidden in the house! I was greeted so warmly at each place and given whatever they had for me and the next envelope of clues. All the women kept saying they couldn't believe how sweet my husband was and they had been tellling people about this all week, etc...I felt like a superstar even though I am 8 months pregnant and waddled in and out of each place. My cup truly runneth over yesterday. Thank you, thank you Dusty. I love you!




1 comments:

Christa said...

Wow - Duty surely puts me (and most of the male species) to shame. What a great idea! Greg