We were is desperate NEED of a family day (with no phone/computer/arguing/OUT of the house)...you know what I mean? so we spent a day together yesterday at Fall Creek Falls in Pikeville, TN.
By the time we packed up the brood and lunch and got to the falls it was already after 1:00 so we started with our picnic
and the falls overlook which was beautiful...and if you can believe it was the best weather ever here in August. It was in the 70's with no humidity. Can I get an amen?
Spicy head had a terrible reaction to his last immunizations and has been miserable for the last several days. He braved our day with a mostly happy attitude despite a fever and the saddest reddest bum you've ever seen.
Thank goodness for strong dads who can hike with their sick babies in tow.
Dusty has told me about this swingin' bridge since we got married as he remembered it from childhood. It was SO ScAry. There were huge holes in the wiring where Paisley could walk off and fall right through so I held on to her tight and she led her chicken momma across the shaky bridge.
and underneath the bridge is a swimming hole/cove. WARNING....there are lots of panties from here on out!
so we let Paisley play in her "suit".
She was very distressed about the water bugs on the surface and found swimming with them completely unacceptable
This was the extent of her swimming :)
but she really did have a great time walking on the swippery rocks
and showing her big muscles
BEST day we have had in a long time. We hiked a bit, went letterboxing (which by the way if you have never done it is the BEST family activity ever), and filled each other's cups. We need to be better about taking "time out's" for each other more often. It was wonderful!
2 comments:
Holy cuteness. Spicey head and P are so so so precious. I seriously just want to squish them! Ps I have always wanted to go to Tennessee and that waterfall picture just threw me over the edge. Plus I feel like I'm not a real woman until I go to Nashville. Just saying.
well...your official invitations is right here! Get your tail here. You can stay with us. We'll play in Nashville and make you a "real" woman...lol
Post a Comment