We got a hankering to join G'ma Joan and my family in Denver to play last week for Celine's and grandma's birthdays. We had a great time although every in the house was/got really sick with either bronchitis of a lung infection except Celine. We played hard and came home a bit early to avoid the snow storm.
We started with mani/pedi's and Paisley felt very classy
then Celine took us to her favorite place...the ice skating rink! It has been years since I ice skated but I could do enough to help Paisley. She LoVeD it. Towards the end she said, "I goin' skate by myself momma" and she walked right out on the ice and started skating. She fell many many times but always got back up said "I try again". Celine was an amazing skater and even has her own ice skates. She was so sweet to help Paisley skate so I could get some pictures.
I love her tiny feet in the hockey skates...so cute!
at one point I think she was so cold and tired she just laid on the ground and looked at me. Good thing granmda Stephy and reinforcement hot chocolate was right around the corner.
all by herself (well with a cone)
This picture just warms my heart. My sister who I love so dearly helping my baby skate. I could just kiss all four of those little feet.
This was truly and evening to remember. My dad cashed in a gift from my mom and took a cooking class at Benihana's and then hosted us for an evening and made us dinner...hibachi style! SO. DANG. CUTE!
Chef Kirk was adorable, stressed, sweating, and a fantastic cook.
Jose was his "back up" and he was so nice and funny and helped my dad relax.
He really did a great job. It was so fun...we just kept saying if Mindy and Jake had been there it would have been over the top!
Another day we went to a relatively new fav. place of ours in Littleton, Colorado called White Fence Farm. They have cute animals you can feed, a not so cute ginormous pig, and a beautiful property with ducks, a tree house, and an old country store with a big slide inside.
Celine was brave and fed all the animals. Paisley would only feed the baby goat and Whitten was keen on watching the goats every move. We fed the ducks Whitten's cheerios and he thought that was pretty fun.
Aunt Celine is always the highlight. After we got home Paisley told me she wants to live by Celine...so mom, can we please have her?
dancing a country jig :)
We had a wonderful time and hope all you Colorado people get better quickly! The breathing treatments, steroids, antibiotics, and cough medicine seem to be slowly doing the trick over here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment