September 04, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Our motivating factor for the yard sale was to sell Stinkerbell's toddler room stuff. We decided to surprise her for her birthday with a room redo. We talked about doing it in October right before her November birthday but I'm obsessive compulsive and once we decided to do it I couldn't wait :)

Her only request was that she wanted a "princess" room and something pink. I entertained Aurora and Belle for five seconds before deciding that it was going to be a room fit for a princess instead of a princess room;)

She loves the princess shoes that were a bonus and the "candlelier" as she calls it (chandelier)

We broke in the new room the next day with a sibling time out.

she felt bad for him I guess.

Her reaction to her bedroom was so precious. She walked in the room and couldn't say anything. She was totally speechless which has NEVER happened to her ...Ever!

We are waiting on the last thing to come in the mail...some picture frames that I am planning on painting pink to meet her other demand

and it just tickles me to peek in on her in the morning, my little baby, sleeping in a big girl bed. It is so sweet but it breaks my heart too...Time is moving too quickly. One day, I'll be peeking in my teenager.

1 comments:

Stepher said...

So sweet, thanks for sharing this, the room turned out beautifully, hopefully Grandma Stephie will be allowed in once in awhile to sleep like a Princess on the Pea on the blow up bed, lol. Love you Meagster!