January 05, 2011

Christmas Eve

My family had intended to go from SLC to Blanding UT for the actual holiday to spend it with my dad's mom G'ma Nielson. A few days before we were supposed to leave I was up all night with excruciating stomach pains which sent me into contrations. They were painful but high so I wasn't too worried. I spent the next 4 nights however in so much pain and having strong contractions. We tossed around that maybe it was a kidney infection, UTI, stomach virus, gallbladder but never came to anything conclusive. 2 hospital visits later and still no answers except that bedrest was the temporary solution. My family was amazing. Grandma Joan let us keep staying with her, Gary and Wendy invited us over to be a part of their Christmas Eve and even though I'm sure my dad was bummed, he was so sweet and changed his plans to be where I was. Dusty flew out quickly when the immediate problem happened just in case I went into active labor and when the dusty settled there was not much to show for it. I had an ultrasound and the baby looks great and I am still pregnant so we got the best possible outcome. Hopefully we can see G'ma Nielson soon as I felt really bad about that. Our night at the Reid's was so nice. They had the house smelling and looking beautiful and the chicken cordon bleu was killer. G'ma Joan read a story to the grandkids and they all got pajamas and a gift from a giant stocking. Paisley's Snow White Pez was a winner. We watched a movie about Christ and the kids got to dip chocolates with aunt Wendy before going home to bed in the hopes that Santa would come. I was overwhelmed with how much our family had grown and having so many little kids around made the night extra special. It was a perfect evening and I felt so blessed to be able to participate and still have our little rascal safely tucked inside.

0 comments: